Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Psalm 71

I'm still reading the book of Psalms.  Tonight's reading was Psalm 71 and I am reminded of my story, God's story in my life.  Often times, I dwell so much on my sufferings that I forget about my survival.    The world is a dark place, that's for sure, and we are reminded everyday of its tragedies and destruction.  But here we are, safe and sound, blessed by His presence, in the dwelling places that He set forth for us.  Worship Him, for He is glorious.  Worship Him, for all that He has done in our lives.

Forget about pain for a moment.  About loneliness and shortcomings.  Those have become idols in my life, repeating the same sadness in my heart over and over again.  Instead, worship the Lord.  Worship our God who has given us a reason to have joy.  

The bible is a constant reminder of His love.  Even though we drown in our own sea of despair, there is a lifeline waiting for us to reach out far enough to grab hold of.  This means leaving the past behind and hanging on with everything we've got.

I want to take that plunge, leaving behind what has become too familiar and depleting in my life.  I really want to...

No comments:

Post a Comment